Google is now rolling out a conversion migration instrument for you to essential your current targets from Common Analytics to Google Analytics 4. You can entry this below your GA4 options display, in the Set up Assistant tab, underneath the Conversions part.
How it operates. The targets migration device allows you to immediately recreate eligible ambitions from your related Common Analytics residence as conversion situations in your Google Analytics 4 house. I personally do not see it yet, but I suspect I will see the import software quickly. Charles Farina posted screenshots of how it is effective on Twitter:
How the device operates.
For each qualified Common Analytics purpose you select, the targets migration tool automatically does the subsequent in your linked Google Analytics 4 residence:
- Makes a new Develop event rule
- Marks the made event as a conversion
Universal Analytics attributes can have quite a few different goal styles. These two aim types can be migrated working with the tool:
- Desired destination intention: When a user lands on a certain webpage, these as a “thank you” or “confirmation” web site
- Event objective: When a consumer triggers a distinct event, such as social recommendation, video clip participate in, or advertisement simply click
The subsequent forms of targets can’t be mechanically migrated and won’t show up in the device: Internet pages/Screens for every session goals, Period goals, Sensible targets, and any purpose that employs standard expressions.
You can generate up to 30 customized conversion events per normal Google Analytics 4 home.
How to use it: To use the targets migration resource, you will need the Editor part on your account.
- In Google Analytics, click Admin.
- In the Account column, make guaranteed that your ideal account is chosen. (If you only have 1 Google Analytics account, it will previously be chosen.)
- In the Assets column, decide on the Google Analytics 4 property that presently collects info for your website.
- In the Residence column, click Set up Assistant.
- Under Conversions, go to Import existing aims from your connected Common Analytics residence, and click Get begun.
- In the Import current targets from your linked house panel, find which targets you’d like to recreate as conversion situations in your new Google Analytics 4 residence.
- Click Import chosen conversions in the leading appropriate.
A confirmation information will clearly show in the base left of your monitor when your picked plans have been effectively recreated as conversion activities in your Google Analytics 4 assets.
For much more aspects on this import software, see this assist doc.
Why we care. You can use this software to most likely preserve you time not possessing to established up your goals from scratch in GA4. But make positive to examine the assist doc cautiously to see what this resource will and will not import.